Sunday, May 15, 2011

thinking pink

It's pink month at the scrappy rainbow challenge. I hardly had any pink scraps, so I ended up with just a little (16" square or so) doll quilt:
I love braided quilts -- in fact one of the very first quilts I made was a braided one. (long pause while I look for a photo, realize I don't have a photo, go take a photo and upload it...)
I took a class to learn how to do this; everything about this early quilt is a little wonky -- especially the quilting -- and I'm not thrilled with the pink fabric in the sashing, but I still like the overall effect.

I know there are a couple of books out on braided quilt techniques -- have you tried any of them?

8 comments:

scraphappy said...

What a sweet pink quilt. I've never tried a braided quilt, but it looks like lots of fun.

Quilter Kathy said...

I love braid quilts too...your pink braids are adorable!

mainer said...

That is a cute little quilt! I haven't done a braided before. Is it easy?

Angela said...

What a lovely quilr, a great use of the small amount of scraps you had :)

blauraute said...

Wow, what a cute little quilt. Is it easy to do a brainded quilt?
Have a nice and cozy week
Roswitha

Ellen said...

Your little quilt turned out great. I haven't tried making a braided quilt....yet!

Lucette said...

The braiding looks tricky, and I must say how impressed I am. The overall effect is stunning.

Janet O. said...

A couple of years ago I took a class on the braid quilt. I had tried it on my own before and it always got skewed before I got very far. The class helped me make a more uniform braid, but after getting home I never finished the project. This makes me want to dig it out. I love your first quilt--I'm impressed.