Thursday, April 07, 2011

It's Thursday...

Which means only one more office day -- I feel like a kid in school waiting for summer vacation sometimes (okay most of the time) but in my case it's more like "please, please is it time to retire yet?" Lately it seems like I have to pep-talk myself an awful lot, even though I basically do like what I do and I have a lot of flexibility at work. Someone was telling me recently about the employees at a local utility who all have that "I'm just waiting for retirement" mentality and I'm afraid I've become one of them... right now my mantra is "3 more years, 3 more years."

Okay, well THAT'S depressing, so here's something cheery:

I've been wanting to learn how to do colorwork knitting, so I made a tiny Fair Isle sweater! It's from a holiday ornament kit that KnitPicks put out last year. I bought it because they had a pattern for a knitted garland of popcorn and cranberries... but after I figured out that each piece of popcorn would take about 45 minutes I kind of lost interest. If you know anyone who can fit into a 5" sweater, let me know!

And here's a finished quilt to look at -- it's "S is for Spumoni". I sent it to Margaret to quilt when she was having her easy-quilting special a few weeks ago, and she did a quick, neat job of it with some ripples and swirls.


Here's a close-up:I'll have another finish to show you pretty soon, because I figured as long as I was sending one quilt cross-country, I might as well send two. So, I see binding in my future...

2 comments:

Nancy, Near Philadelphia said...

Spumoni is excellent.

jovaliquilts said...

Are you a spumoni fan? Or is that just one of those name-the-quilt things? It looks great in those batiks!