Saturday, March 05, 2011

two -- count 'em -- two!

I am just determined to get a bunch of stuff done this year, in between starting all the new projects I want to do. Hence, the UFO challenge in the sidebar. I'm happy to say that my January and February assignments are now complete, although in reverse order...

February's Tic Tac Toe quilt was actually finished in February. The blocks were part of my winnings from the Block Lotto sometime last year. (I have another set of them left to play with, in cooler colors)My husband calls this "tic tac toe on acid" -- wonder how he knows?

And January's quilt is the one I put together for Al last year when he did the sailboat race to Hawaii. I think it's called "Sail Away" or maybe "Bandicoot Goes to Kauai" (Bandicoot is the name of his boat, and I stitched it on the little turquoise boat in the bottom row)
The quilting is all over the place, design-wise -- I did something different in each block. Here's a better look, in the sunlight.
All of these blocks came from a birthday block swap in two little Yahoo groups, with my theme of "wind and water".

2 comments:

Tami @ Lemon Tree Tales said...

I like how the blue and white squares look like they're dancing ... sort of like the little iphone apps when they're in the movable mode. Great idea to put up a 2011 UFO challenge. I shudder to think how many I have in my studio.

jovaliquilts said...

You are making progress! I think you should take a cue from your DH and call your first quilt "Tic Tac Toe on Acid." :)