Saturday, March 19, 2011

think green thoughts...

It's one of those scrappy green days again, and here's what's on my wall:It's pretty much everything green that was left over from something else, just sewn together in strips. I have more to go, and then some re-arranging to do.

The Green Peaches top got done, and has actually been sent away for quilting! I decided not to use the HSTs for a border because they just didn't fit with all the rectangles -- so they're showing up on the "use everything" project above. The border of the quilt is a piece of fabric that had all four shades of green, separated by a line of black, and I had just enough.
We're having a late blast of winter here this weekend, with rain, hail, thunder & lightning, and cold (for us, anyway!) temperatures. Just in time for spring...

15 comments:

Sue said...

Loved the greens. Thursday I had nothing green to wear. Then yesterday I found shamrock socks in my drawer--and a pale green striped sweater after all, so I'm dressed to kill for St. Patrick's Day--two days late.

Here in Oklahoma, we had a light shower, thunder & some haiL! Crazy weather.

mainer said...

Good use of your greens! Love the rectangles.

Angela said...

Love the green peaches top, and I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with those strips you have sewn up.

Cattinka said...

Very nice.... I don´t know why, but I can´t figure out what to do with my greens.
KATRIN W.

Scrappy quilter said...

Love the green peaches top too.

Brenda Kay said...

Nice job. Love the green peaches. That pattern is on my to do list as well.

Cherry Red Quilter said...

LOVE your green quilt and the use everything one is looking interesting too!

Lilian Pilar said...

Preciosos el trabajo en verde
Abrazos..

Kay said...

I just have to agree with everyone else--you've proven that all greens do go together.

Kathy T. said...

Your Green Peaches top is lovely. Sorry about your weather, but I hope March goes out like a lamb for you!

sophie said...

I can't wait to see what you come up with from all your green leftovers. It looks like you have a lot to play with ...

Barbara C said...

Two great looking projects. A green quilt is a nice way to greet the changing seasons.

Kathy said...

You've got 2 fabulous designs going. You have been putting the top one together in such an interesting creative way. I like the vertical arrangement.

Quilter Kathy said...

What fabulous green projects! Love the green peaches...and the border is terrific! Great idea for a use everything up quilt!

jovaliquilts said...

What fun to play with the green leftovers! Any plans for it? Hope you get the Peaches back soon.