Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sunday stuff

It's been a productive weekend -- I guess the rainy weather is good for something! I didn't actually FINISH anything quilty, but two tops are done and the green scraps have been beaten into submission...

Do you remember the elephants? This was a Friday Block Party block that I used for a birthday exchange this year -- and it's one of the completed tops. I adore these guys!


And, a brief knitty interlude to show off the Switcheroo socks that finally got done. They don't look like they're the same size, but really they are -- I just couldn't locate the second sock-blocker. Maybe this means it's time to clean the closet? This is the first time I've made stripy socks that actually came out looking like a matched set. It's Shibui sock yarn.
And, keep thinking those green thoughts -- the leftover top is all put together, I think. It might need just one or two more strips, though: does it seem just a bit too narrow?
Finally, a head start on Monday's design wall -- there are "disappearing 4-patch" blocks made mostly from a couple of sets of "City Traditions" charm squares that have been in my stash for years. I have a few more to make.The weather is warming up this week, at last -- we're going to be up in the 70's! I think that means more gardening and less quilting for a bit.

4 comments:

Kay said...

I love the elephants! The disappearing 4 patch is new to me too. I like it. There's an old weaving pattern that looks something like that, I think.

Sheila said...

Your socks turned out great! I would have passed by that pattern based on the lacy feet, but your rendering turned out great.

scraphappy said...

Love the green scraps -- they all play so well together.

jovaliquilts said...

The elephants are just wonderful! I hope you're keeping them out where you can see them. As for the green scraps, also wonderful, but I agree that a bit wider would be good, at least if you plan to use it to curl up under.