Saturday, March 05, 2011

green day

You've seen part of this before... I started working on the blocks a few months ago, but since it's GREEN month for the rainbow scrap challenge I thought I might as well dig it out of the stack and at least finish the top. Right now it's kind of long and skinny, so I'm going to add one more column of blocks on the side, and then I have some random green/cream HSTs that have been languishing from an abandoned project for a couple of years. Finally, I think there will be that 4-colors-of-green-in-one-piece fabric for an outer border. I hope to have the top done in time for St. Paddy's Day!

(edited to add: this quilt is based on Judy Laquidara's free pattern "Peaches and Dreams" -- but my peaches aren't ripe yet...)

14 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

Looking ever so pretty.

Jessica said...

I love this, it's so calming. Great job so far!

Brenda Kay said...

Gorgeous layout, with so many green variations. I love it.

Connie said...

Looks beautiful! I have one block of my Peaches and Creme done.......

Miss 376 said...

It's going to look fantastic, have fun working on it

Angela said...

I love the gorgeous greens you have in this project, it's going to be a really beautiful quilt

Lilian Pilar said...

esta preciosa
un abrazo

Ellen said...

Love it - green peaches ha ha! I have been inspired. I just printed out the instructions and I am already thinking about how I am going to find the time to make my green peaches.

Quilter Kathy said...

A perfect project to work on this month! Love it!

desertskyquilts said...

LOL, yes, I thought I recognized it. Great looking top. You're going to have a finish on your hands!

Kathy T. said...

That will be a great St Patrick's Day quilt! Looking marvelous so far ...

jovaliquilts said...

I like it! And that's the way I like St. Patty's Day -- lots of green, but not too cutesy.

Jeanne said...

Perfect timing to work on that quilt again. It's a wonderful use of your greens. Love it.

katelnorth said...

Ooh, this I love! Might have to do something like this with some scraps. Maybe that will be my green challenge, as it's green month and I can tell it looks nice in green...