It's red month at the rainbow scrap challenge, and I've waited until pretty much the last minute to get something done -- or at least done to "flimsy" status. I started out by arbitrarily cutting 3-1/2" squares out of all the red scraps that were big enough. Then I started randomly sewing them together until a bigger plan took shape...
And this is how it came out:
The gray sashing is Quilters' Linen, which was in my stash but I hadn't ever used it before. And the outer border was a long strip left over from making a shirt, I think. I think it will get some simple meandering in the 16-patch blocks and some doodles in the sashing and border... one of these days. Ready for the next color now!
By the way -- my new header photo is my starting row for a row robin group project. I hope to have a leafy autumn quilt by the end of the summer.