Saturday, February 19, 2011

Mixtape Saturday

I can't remember if I mentioned that I had won a forest of wonky trees on the December block lott0 -- in any case they've all arrived and today I added a couple of little cabins to fill out the picture. I'm hoping to get these all sewn together on Monday so that I can reclaim the design wall for something else...
This is the February installment of the "Oh My Stars" BOM on Planet Patchwork. Why are blues so difficult to photograph? These look pretty washed out.

Finally, a little knitting -- I made this Fillipi Scarf on the plane on my recent trip to London -- very fast and just one skein of bulky yarn. The pattern tells you to keep going until you have 25 feet of yarn left for the final ruffle and bind-off. Yikes... I ended up finishing with only about 2 inches of yarn leftover to weave in!

I've been slacking off on the UFO and Rainbow Scrap challenges so far this month -- of course there's been that travel time eating up my sewing time... I need to pull out the red scrap bin and see if I can make some progress with it before the end of the month.

6 comments:

Angelcat said...

Those wonky trees make one fun quilt top :) Love the little cabins you added in too

Nancy, Near Philadelphia said...

What Angelcat said.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Angelcat and Nancy. Those blocks will make a wonderful quilt.
cindy

Barbara C said...

Great scarf--I love patterns that leave you with negligible leftovers. Those cabins are perfect companions to your tree blocks.

Darcie said...

Mmm...that scarf just exudes lusciousness!

And the trees! Yes, I do remember your winning them. I cannot wait to see them all sewn up together!

Lucette said...

Your trip to London looks amazing. I like the wonky trees how lucky can you get. Cant wait to see your quilt.