Today I decided to tackle the big bin o' batik scraps -- the rotary cutter is there for scale! This is a cube from Ikea with batik scraps going back for years. I blatantly stole an idea from Kate and started working away at a quilt day with friends. Here's how far I got:
My fabrics seem to be a little more neutral than Kate's overall, but I'm really liking the interplay of color and pattern so far. Unfortunately this hasn't really made a noticeable change in the scrap bin; I feel this could be a very long project!
In other news, I finished one (modified) Switcheroo sock and have started the second:
This is with Shibui Sock yarn. The heel is a very nice linen stitch, which I hadn't done before. I decided to stop the lace pattern at the foot because I don't really like lace feet, and also because I could not for the life of me figure out how to start it up again after doing the heel turn... or I was tired of doing it -- your choice!