Saturday, January 15, 2011

scrappy Saturday in the forest

It's still "blue" month in the old scrap-basket... the funky stack blocks for the block lotto morphed into regular coins and this is the result. Everything came from my closet, and only the sashing and binding weren't scraps. Maybe there will be a rainbow of donation quilts at the end of the year? No promises!And - YAY -- I was one of the winners for last month's lotto! Meet "the forest primeval" on my wall:
I'm waiting for just a few more blocks to arrive and then I know this quilt will be sewn up quickly. Quilting ideas, anyone?

12 comments:

scraphappy said...

Love your blue coins! Isn't it amazing the treasures that are hiding out in our cupboards? Fun tree blocks, though I'm not having any brilliant quilting ideas for them.

Quilter Kathy said...

Great scrappy quilt! I love the idea of a rainbow of quilts! Love the funky forest you've got going there!

Julie said...

What a cool blue coin quilt! Lucky you on the trees. Boy that is a toughie on the quilting. I would probably quilt some branches into the trees and then some sort of background filler but I don't know what!

LC said...

If it were mine, I'd do meandering leaves of all sizes all over it...

Logopaedchen/Kirsten said...

No idea on the trees..but I love your coin quilt. I guess I should do one of these on day.

Cattinka said...

When I joined the scrappy challange I thought we would only make one block a month, but now I see lots of people are making whole quilts. I better get started with my scrappy project.
KATRIN W.

Libby Fife said...

I love both of those quilts but those trees! Those are great! Lucky girl:)

Ellen said...

Love the coin quilt - I think I may need to make one...soon. The trees are really cute.

Nicole said...

What wonderful stashbusting projects! The two quilts are beautiful. You have reminded me what a terrific pattern the coin quilt is.

Barbara C said...

Both quilts are lovely. The blue is especially tranquil looking.

lynn said...

You could try something that looks like wind blowing through the forest. Whooshing and swirling across.

jovaliquilts said...

Winning the trees was so lucky! They'll make a great quilt. Quilting ideas are not my strength, but my first thought was to quilt in animals and birds. I like lynn's wind idea, too.