Saturday, January 08, 2011

Heffalumps!


I haven't done any blocks for the Friday Block Party for a while, but this year they've decided to include some animals and I just had to jump back in for this one! In fact I've signed up to use it as my birthday block in a little exchange group, so next month I should have cool dozen to put together. I can't wait. Check it out -- the block was very easy to put together.

(when I was in college in Berkeley in the 70's I had an Indian print bedspread with elephants that I eventually made into a long caftan... wish I still had it, or at least a photo! I can't believe how much I wore that crazy thing. I do still have a copy of the pattern, so maybe I could re-create it with my "new" elephants.)







These are my three sections so far for the "Oh My Stars" BOM on Patchwork Planet. Someday I'll learn have to get the photos where I want them in blogger, but (sigh) is it worth the brainpower?





5 comments:

sophie said...

The elephant block is cute ... and your Oh My Stars pieces are looking great. I really like the mix of mostly blue and white with some red.

Nancy, Near Philadelphia said...

Oh, I LOVE LOVE LOVE that there elephant! Gotta try it . . . .

Morah said...

love the elephant!

Pat said...

Hi - I just found your blog by googling "Planet Patchwork Oh My Stars" I love your red,blue, and white blocks. I am making this using alternate colors too - fun to see your progress!

jovaliquilts said...

I still have an Indian print bedspread with elephants! I use it as a tablecloth with Indian food (doesn't show turmeric stains!). But I used to have a wrap-around Indian skirt with elephants that I bought at an outdoor stall in the 70's -- it's long gone.