Thursday, December 16, 2010

this & that -- holiday style

I've been noodling around with a number of little projects lately, some of which I neglected to take photos of... there were more knitted hats and a pair of mittens for one of the little nephews. All of these have been mailed off to cold, cold Wisconsin!

Then there were a bunch of little ornaments using Carol Doak's patterns from her Yahoo group. I think I made about 8 of these; they were fun to embellish with some sparkly thread and sequins.
Finally, there was this crazy little combo for a bottle of wine we brought to a party last weekend --
I've misplaced the instructions I printed out, but there's a similar design here. I got the whole scarf done between poker hands one evening (and I won a lot that night too!) and made the hat in a short time the next afternoon -- a fun way to use up a little bit of leftover sock yarn, but it would go even faster with something thicker.

Finally, there's the BOM from Planet Patchwork. Here is block #2:
This is a fun project, and of course it's not too late to join in!

And I leave you with a strange pose by Bucky -- I've never seen him lying with his tail tucked under him (and sticking out the back!) like this before. Silly maybe, but I found it pretty amusing.

4 comments:

Libby Fife said...

Bucky! It is sort of like when they have their tongue sticking out only they don't know it. Always amusing.

Love the scarf and hat for the wine bottle. Outfitting wine bottles must be the new thing because we just came across one that had a metal butler's uniform.

Darcie said...

You mailed off your gifts just in time, Julie! I don't know about Wisconsin, but ND and MN have sure gotten dumped on! I LOVE my knit and crocheted goodies...so warm!

The scarf and hat for the wine bottle is just too cute! I may have to try some of those...I think I have a few pieces of yarn lying around. ;-)

Happy Holidays!

Barbara C said...

Your projects are really cute, and you kitty is hilarious. Cats pretend to be self-possessed and serious but they're really goofy.

scraphappy said...

I love your little paper pieced ornaments. They are just too cute for words.