Thursday, December 23, 2010

small finishes

I still have plenty of UFOs left, but I finished up three smallish ones in the last week -- yahoo! Up above is a little round robin that one of my mini-groups did; I probably showed a picture when it came back to me last March, but now it's quilted and bound and hanging in the front hall. I did quite a bit of free-motion quilting on it.

The next one is another mini-group project, from my other group. I made the large block and then handed if off, and it came back to me with a stack of small blocks. It hung around, on and off my design wall, for probably 4 years before I decided how to put it all together. It's about 24" square -- perfect for a small table topper.
Next up is the collage I made in Rosemary Eichorn's class at Asilomar a couple of years ago. I have no idea why it took me so long to put binding on it! I'm still thinking about some beading but...


This last photo is a little purse/pouch/bag that one of my friends made -- it's so clever! It starts with a 20" square of fabric and is the perfect size for a small knitting project (yeah, I'm still making hats) or other handwork. I learned how to make them and will try to post a tutorial sometime soon.Signing off for the next few days, which are shaping up to be busy but fun. Happy Holidays to all of you!

4 comments:

sophie said...

Wow, look at productive you! I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the collage piece.

Another friend is knitting hats for everyone for Christmas--I am in awe of both of you ... and keep thinking about my yarn stash and wondering if I should follow your excellent example for NEXT year ;-)

Merry Christmas.

LC said...

How grand that you can get things done this time of year... the quiet is almost magical in our house and I'm sewing also. I just wanted to send Christmas greetings. May yours be joyful!

Dianne said...

Just beautiful quilts, Julie...I MUST get back to quilting this year. I love the collage and hope you do decide to add some beads...

Back in Oakland Jan. 19...maybe we can get together. Happy Christmas!

Barbara C said...

These are three lovely projects, but the first quilt is especially beautiful. Happy Holidays!