Saturday, December 04, 2010

fun with trees

This is the year of wonky blocks on Block Lotto, and December's project is pairs of trees in black and jewel tones. These were so much fun to make! It's a month when I'd really like to win...
It's funny. I've lived in California all my life but if I have to draw the shape of the state I always have to stop and think about it for a while and I usually draw it backwards. So when I was cutting out these blocks I had a similar experience... what shape IS a tree?

Anyone can join the lotto, by the way... check it out.

4 comments:

Joyce said...

Lucky for us wonky quilters that trees come in all shapes and sizes!

Julie said...

The blocks are cute!

Darcie said...

lol You are funny!

LOVE the contemporary jewel tones and shapes. Very dramatic.

Hope you WIN!!!

Julie in the Barn said...

Hi Julie. I'm trying to get caught up on reading all my favorite blogs so I'm late with a comment. Your tree blocks are so striking. Fingers crossed you win the blocks. I know you'd make an awesome quilt out of all of them. I just got home from a visit to SF. Maybe next time I get down there we can get together for lunch in North Beach!