Monday, November 15, 2010

monochroma -- design wall Monday

I have two design walls -- big sheets of insulation board covered with batting (that is usually falling off one corner as you can see in the photo...) -- and this week they're both in a monochromatic mood.


This is the beginning of "Diamond Jubilee". I pulled a ton of stuff from the purple shelf and the black & white shelf and started cutting strips -- this is one of the kits I made for myself a couple of months ago. There's lots more variety to come!

And the other wall still has green:

Again, I pulled a ton of fabric to start this, and it all got shoved into a big bag at some point when I had to clean the dining room for company. I probably should keep working on the greens instead of starting on purple, but... that's not me.

I seem to have lost my signature on this post. Hope it comes home for the next one!

Floribunda

8 comments:

Ellen said...

I love both quilts. Monochrom but full of color and live.

Have a nice day, Ellen

Joyce said...

I really love the purple black and white one. It's a but unusual and that may be why it appeals so much.

Chris said...

Both are great, but the green just sings to me.

Charlene S said...

Greeeeeeen! My color!

Denise :) said...

I love the green -- it makes me think of a stream. Very serene! :)

AnnieO said...

Green and purple, who could resist? Very fun play this week.

Gari said...

I'm not even fond of green but I really like that top.

Kay said...

I like both; I always like monochromatic quilts.