Friday, October 08, 2010

why am I not surprised?

My hubby is turning 60 this weekend, and we're having a party. So of course I went to the party store and bought all the requisite "stuff". I managed to avoid all the black "over the hill" plates, cups, balloons, etc -- but I thought I few little decorations were in order so I picked up one of these:
Kind of cute, right? But when I got it home and opened it up, I realized that something was wrong with the picture...

Someone (making about 10 cents an hour) was not paying attention! I keep saying I'm going to stop buying anything made in China, but for anything more or less disposable it just doesn't seem to be possible. Is anyone being successful at this?




4 comments:

LC said...

That is crazy funny. Are you going to use it anyway? What 60 year old would rather be 0b? Or maybe it could be a hilarious party game... give a prize for the person who has the best answer to what does 0b stand for?

The Calico Cat said...

It is getting to be very hard not to buy Chinese (insert other cheap labor locations) stuff...

Nancy, Near Philadelphia said...

LOVING this!

vacur: something that happens when you aren't paying attention

Kay said...

Funny! It seems that the black stuff goes away after 40 and 50; am I right? 60 is not something to joke about.

I have succeeded in not buying any more holiday decorations from China by using handmade thingsor natural ones, but for parties and easily disposable things, it's much harder.