Sunday, September 19, 2010

design wall Monday -- and more food

It was another quilt day here and I played with green fabric -- pulled out a bunch of smallish pieces from the stash and strips from the scrap bin. This is based on Judy Laquidara's "Peaches & Dreams" pattern -- free on her website. All the individual blocks are still separate, and I'm sure there will be some re-arranging going on before this gets assembled. Maybe a few more blocks, too...
And, of course, there had to be a snack! I found a wonderful library book called "Rustic Fruit Desserts" by Cory Schreiber and Julie Richardson, and it will definitely be the next book I buy! It's full of cobblers, crisps, slumps and grunts, all made with seasonal fruits and all looking scrumptious. This is their Gingered Peach and Blackberry Pandowdy. Wonderful buttery crust on top and juicy fruit tucked below. Yum! (Thanks again, Catherine, for the ice cream!)

I have a big UFO finish to show off as soon as I hang it up and get a picture... and a little other good news. Stay tuned!


11 comments:

Morah said...

Yum and Yum. Both pictures warrant the same response!LOL!

Angie said...

Your green quilt is looking great... I can see it with a huge daisy or two, maybe with a little pot... hmmmm 'tis now on my to do list!Thank you

Libby Fife said...

Must have been a baking type of weekend. The pandowdy looks great! The quilt doesn't look too bad either:)

Chris said...

You are so making me hungry!!

imquilternity said...

I love good news - can't wait!! That cookbook sounds like it could be more about body functions than food, but the pandowdy looks so yummy!!

Julie in the Barn said...

Yumm, yum. Both the quilt and the pie. I bought some turnovers at that bakery in the Farmers Market at the Ferry Building once and they were to die for. I want to recreate those!

Vicki W said...

Love the greens!

QuiltSwissy said...

Lots of greens on this Monday! I love it!
glen: the pie doesn't look bad right now either.....

Myra said...

The pie looks delicious, as does your fun on the display wall! 8-)

Nina-Marie said...

I love the retangles monochromatic quilt top!! I swear I gotta make one like it one of these days - its a cool way to play with value and scale - VERY nice!!!!

Darcie said...

I'm always a big fan of a cool work-in-progress...but that dessert has got me drooling! lol