Sunday, July 11, 2010

O.M.G.

I have an hour to kill so I'm doing the online shop-hop -- hoping to win big! The Calico Junction Quilt Shop provides a hint that the "Bunny" is buying a new purse, so I go to the "purses" page... and click on the bunny. But as the screen is switching over to the next page, something caught my eye:
Chl purse 12 Chl purse 12
Concealed Handgun purse


I'm sorry -- WHAT? The description goes on to say "The hidden outside pocket is made of a durable fabric that will stabilize you handgun. It closes securely with velcro. When the hidden pocket is closed, neither the handgun nor the pocket is visible, but is still easily accessible. This purse is for a 9mm subcompact (ex:glock,) but can be custom made for any size handgun."

Does it surprise you that this shop is "just 90 miles east of Dallas"? Is my Northern California showing?

9 comments:

Nancy, Near Philadelphia said...

HOLY COW!

sophie said...

I saw that pattern at quite a few vendors at the Dallas quilt show. A little scary, isn't it?

I suppose we quilters will notice those bags when we see them in the real world and know what they conceal, won't we?

Joyce said...

Just what every real lady needs, a concealed weapon. Up here in the land or gun control, it's even more shocking!

The Calico Cat said...

I am taken aback by the concept, but by the location, sadly "no."

When our founding fathers gave us the right to bear arms, they were talking about Muskets...

LC said...

Even thinking that women need to carry concealed weapons says so much about the fear that is constantly experienced by some. This is really sad.

DPUTiger said...

Wrong on so many levels I can hardly compute! Reminds me of the trip to Mississippi about two years ago where I saw repeated TV commercials for the-backup.com. 'Cause, you know, it's important to have your shotgun within arm's reach when you're sleeping. Yeesh.

Libby Fife said...

My favorite part is about how the fabric will stabilize your handgun. Love the features and benefits! LOL

Kay said...

OMG is right. But isn't it somewhere in California that the "Open Carry" people are very powerful? So the locality doesn't really matter unfortunately.

imquilternity said...

I agree...OMG is right! It's sad that someone would reach for a gun before trying other methods of resolving a conflict. It's a lot easier not to use a gun if you're not carrying one.