Wednesday, June 30, 2010

the rake's progress

I'm sure you're all dying for an update on the great race! Al should reach the halfway mark tomorrow morning, which means he'll probably get to Kauai about one day before I come home!

He's done well so far, and is almost caught up to the last 3 boats in the fleet, even though he started 4-1/2 days late. He does have a slightly faster boat, but he's also a good sailor... and he's been sounding happy and well-rested when I talk to him in the mornings.

I'm planning to take the featherweight with me and have my own private retreat under the ceiling fan -- sounds like it's pretty steamy there. We usually go to Hawaii in September after Labor Day, and this will be my first time in the summer with heat and lots of tourists!

4 comments:

Tami @ Lemon Tree Tales said...

Wow that's fantastic that he's been able to catch up with some of the boats even with his delay. That must make him feel happy. Enjoy your time in paradise with your featherweight and your sailor. :-)

Libby Fife said...

Good for Al! Glad he is doing well.

Did I already ask which island? Stay cool:)

Kay said...

This is so exciting. I can't even imagine an ocean sailing race! Good luck to him, and enjoy your trip.

Darcie said...

Wow! A true racer, he is. "Godspeed, Al."

And safe travels to you! Hope you get to visit some nice air conditioned (or at least shaded and breezy) quilt stores and maybe even yarn shops? ;-)