Sunday, May 02, 2010

Oh Bunnies!

A while back I had a stepmother who said "Oh Bunnies!" when she got annoyed -- in situations where I would be much more likely to use a 4-letter word from my repertoire of foul language.She was a British woman of a certain age... actually not a whole lot older than I am now. Yikes! Is it a British thing?

Anyway, that's the name that popped into my head when I finished this quilt this morning. It started out as "magic rabbits", but only because I think that's the name of the fabric line.
It's the April UFO from Patchwork Penguin's challenge, and I'm only a couple of days late. I don't think she's announced the May project number yet.

Today I took some time out from sewing and weeding to visit some local gardens on the "Bringing Back the Natives" tour. It's a wonderful annual event in the San Francisco East Bay, with 50 gardens participating this year. The organization promotes native plants, gardening for wildlife, and all those good ecological things.

The first garden I visited had this beautiful driveway/patio done in this Yellow Brick Road pattern --Quilts are everywhere!

9 comments:

Vicki W said...

I need to clean up my own language, maybe I should try Oh, Bunnies instead! Cute quilt too!

Libby Fife said...

I don't think I could switch to the bunnies saying but I do love that pathway! Patterns are everywhere:)

LC said...

Oh Bunnies is a great name for your quilt -- and a good reminder that we can use creative language instead of that which offends! Thanks for posting this!

paula, the quilter said...

I, too, need to find a different saying than the current one I use. I have made a yellow brick road quilt, but I don't think I would have recognized that as the driveway pattern. I am so unseeing sometimes.

HB said...

Love the quilt! I need to finish a flannel quilt UFO but it is getting too warm to work on it now - maybe in the fall?

Helen Conway said...

Its not a thing in this particular British houshold!

Darcie said...

haha That's cute! I've never heard that.

Barbara C said...

That's a very cute quilt, and a great story.

Sandra said...

love the quilt-too cute and the title/phrase. Reminds me of the old
'oh fudge' but more fun.
And speaking of fun, the lobster/ gumby suit pic was hilarious.