Wednesday, May 12, 2010

more wonderful mail!

I decided that this was going to be a very good year for finishing UFOs, so a while back I sent two tops off to North Dakota to be quilted by Darcie, and YIPPEE! they arrived home a couple of days ago.I'm going to drag this out a bit and only show you one of them now, because it's the smaller one and I got the binding sewn down this evening. This was a round robin from 2005 that I started with a little packet of hand-dyed fabric from a shop near Coff's Harbour, Australia. It measures about 40" square and it is so cheerful.Darcie did a lovely job with freeform feathers in a slightly shiny multicolored thread.
I think this one might come to live in my office to liven up the dry setting!

7 comments:

Joyce said...

It's gorgeous. Where is the shop near Coffs? My daughter lives half an hour from Coffs and I plan to go there next winter. Any quilt shop near there will be on my to-do list.

Libby Fife said...

Having that quilt in an office would almost make me want to go to work. I said almost...:)

Vicki W said...

That one would really brighten up an office!

MJTH said...

Hola,
Te ha quedado muy linda tu manta, felicidades
Saludos

henny said...

Hi! I saw your mini spring quilt in Quilting Gallery then came here.
Beautiful pattern. I love the springy color :)

Darcie said...

Oooh! Pretty! Thank you for the kind compliments, Julie! Your quilts are always a joy to work with...as are you! ;-)

Thank you.

Tami @ Lemon Tree Tales said...

This is so colorful and happy. I love the contrast of the black against all those wonderful brights. It seems like a nice modern nod to Amish quilts.