Friday, May 21, 2010

The Blogger's Quilt Festival is back!


I think this is the third installment... maybe the fourth. Here's my entry:

This is a small wall quilt made from a block in Sandy Bonsib's Folk Art Quilts book -- it was one of my first projects, and the first where I tried free-motion quilting! My sister and I each made a few of these heart blocks and I also used some of them for a 4-heart hanging for one of my brothers. The dragonfly border fabric has always been one of my favorites.

13 comments:

Jen said...

Very nice. I like the colors.

Me aka Supermom said...

What lovely colors! ..and I cannot tell you how many quilts I have made of a similar design to this!

margaret
www.quiltsoflove.blogspot.com

AnnieO said...

I noticed the dragonflies right away--they are terrific. What a sweet heart quilt. Thank you for sharing your quilt's story :)

Marie said...

Beautiful fabrics and beautiful quilt.

Valentina said...

What movement! The dragonflies are waltzing around that gorgeous heart...
`thank you!

SarahB said...

Love the scrappy heart!

The Calico Cat said...

I "almost" started something like this... (I did not get past the graph paper.)

Shannon w/ Monkey Dog Quitls said...

I "heart" this quilt. LOL! Did you use denim? I LOVE sewing with denim! Sew On!

SewCalGal said...

How romantic? Just delightful quilt. Love it!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Karen said...

Your quilting looks wonderful for your first attempt. Your pieced heart is lovely.

Eileen said...

love the quilt--nice quilting and colors

Sandra said...

What a simply wonderful way to show you 'heart' someone. I still need to make one of these--maybe in miniature.
Come see my antique quilt entries
http://utahquiltappraiser.blogspot.com
http://starleyquilts.blogspot.com

creativedawn said...

Lovely heart; love it!

hugz, Pam