Friday, April 23, 2010

something quilty

Remember the sampler I started playing with a couple of months ago, using Asian-inspired fabrics and Susan Briscoe's book of Japanese quilt blocks? Well, I finally pulled it out and made a few more blocks last weekend, and it might be almost ready to assemble... or maybe I'll just keep going! (n.b. a few of the blocks are from the Friday Block Party, using Quilters' Cache patterns, but most are from the book)

Here are close-ups of a couple more blocks -- few pieces...
many pieces...

And a special spring treat -- Kim at True-up is featuring strawberries this week, so I thought I'd dig out the one piece of vintage fabric I own -- which happens to have strawberries! I bought this off Ebay about 10 years ago; each berry is about 7" tall including the leaves. I haven't been able to cut into it so far... what would you make with it if it was in your stash?


Now off to pack for Boston -- see you next week!

2 comments:

Julie in the Barn said...

Oooo...pretty blocks. I recognize some fabrics that became scraps in the bag o'scraps you gave me! By the way...I've been having fun making little 9 patches with some of those great scraps. Thanks so much.

Have fun in Boston. I'm jealous!

Jenni said...

Nice sampler - I've been looking in that book just this week. Mainly at the sashiko blocks, but I've enjoyed looking at all the others. She has a new book using the taupe and natural colours, but I resisted the temptation.