Friday, April 09, 2010

a big mail day!

Every year I sign up for the UFO challenge on the yahoo Stashbusters group, mostly because it forces me to list all my outstanding projects at the beginning of the year. To participate you send in 2 fat quarters, and at the end of each quarter there's a drawing for a portion of them -- you get one entry for each UFO you've completed. I won a set a couple of years ago, and I just won the drawing again! Here's my loot:
There are some pieces that I would buy on my own, and a bunch I probably wouldn't -- but that's a good thing, right? Variety adds interest, I think. And, there are always those swaps that ask for types of fabric I don't own... and now I do!

Also, do you read Dollar Store Crafts? A couple of weeks ago Heather offered up a challenge where she would send a package of random craft stuff to 10 people, and you wouldn't know if you were one of the 10 until it arrived (or didn't) on your doorstep. The challenge part was to make a project or projects with the stuff. Always one for a silly project like this, I applied immediately.

Be careful what you wish for.

Of course when the package arrived I was completed confused because I had forgotten all about the challenge! Lucky for me there was an explanatory letter inside. And this is what else was in the package:

There's definitely a theme here. I think my favorite part is this mound of red woolly stuff --
I have just the beginnings of a couple of ideas but my goal is to have something done by Earth Day (April 22). Feel free to chime in if you have any flashes of inspiration.

4 comments:

sophie said...

What a delicious collection of *syuff* ... I hope you like red ;-)

The red wooly stuff looks like something you could pull apart and needlefelt. Probably the obvious choice would be to make some sort of deceorative garland from the doilies, beads and those pink cutouts. I can't wait to see what you make of this.

LC said...

You could make the most radical journal cover ever, couching that wooly stuff and decking it out with beads, etc. Or a wild artsy wall quilt, or even a hat!

Nice win too. Does it get stashed with the rest of your fabric, or assigned to a special project as well? Have fun!

Heather - Dollarstorecrafts.com said...

You could def. needlefelt the red stuff - that would be fun! Thanks for posting! I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Veronica said...

How fun, can't wait to see what you come up with.