Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Three for Three!

That is to say -- I've finished my third quilt for the UFO Challenge, and just in the nick of time! It's a 4-patch stack & whack quilt from some fabulous Alexander Henry fabric that I started 2 or 3 years ago. I made one significant error along the way -- all the setting triangles are cut the wrong way, so the whole edge was on the bias... I don't think I'll make that mistake again! I also ran out of fabric and had to search for more.
Because of the bias edges, I figured I couldn't really give it to someone to quilt on a long-arm, so I started doing it myself, hated it, crumpled it up in a corner of the closet for at least a year and a half, and finally pulled it out and picked out the quilting I had done in about 10 of the blocks. When Nancy came up with the UFO challenge, I knew this had to go on the list, and I am soooo happy to have it done.

Here's a picture of the whole thing:And a close-up of the fabric in the setting triangles. (the color is more "true" on the photo above)
It's my favorite combination of bright colors on black, and I love the Art Nouveau style. Happy April!

10 comments:

Julie said...

This is very cool Julie! Congrats on finishing it!

Exuberant Color said...

Congratulations for staying on track and finishing this one in March. It looks like a pretty big quilt too, so it an especially good finish. That print worked well for the 4 patch.

Libby Fife said...

That is some awesome fabric. Such a good setting (no pun intended) for it also. Glad you finished it:)

Vicki W said...

That turned out great. I always love red and the print was just perfect for your technique.

LC said...

This is rich and simply delicious. I'm so glad that you didn't give up.

joanne lendaro said...

That is one beautiful quilt! Congrats on the finish!

Barbara C said...

What a beautiful quilt! The colors are gorgeous, and I like the formal feel of it. How gratifying to have finished a UFO.de

Kay said...

I had that fabric! Loved it, but ending up using it on the border of a service quilt I sent to Debra. What a perfect use for it; I'm jealous!

beth said...

What a beautiful quilt! I love the colors!

imquilternity said...

I love your quilt and that pattern. I have it on my "to do" list, but seeing yours makes me want to do it now!!