Friday, March 19, 2010

surprising new footage!

I can't help myself... I'm addicted to socks! I have not spent a penny on fabric in 2010 but I have definitely bought some yarn. I'm done for a while though. Honest... Here is the first Mockery Sock, finished on the plane back from Chicago last Sunday. The second one is underway. This is a yarn called "Frolicking Feet" that I bought from someone on Ravelry who was de-stashing. It's all wool but actually feels more like cotton, and it's fun to knit with. I like patterns that have some texture but are easy enough to memorize so I don't have to keep checking the instructions, and this definitely qualifies. I know I'll make it again in a more solid colored yarn.

My favorite Bucky pose is when he's all stretched out as if he's doing yoga:Love that striped tail...
I promise to have some quilty content again soon!

4 comments:

Kathie said...

cute sock, love the yarn! oh cute kittie too~
happy national quilting day!
come visit I am having a giveaway on my blog to celebrate! PLUS I will be spending the day sewing !!!!! Hope you will be too!
Kathie

Diana said...

Thanks for the link to the sock pattern. I love simple textured patterns, too.

Sweet P said...

That sock is gorgeous! I love the colors.

Samantha said...

Your monkey is wonderful! Isn't it a fun pattern to knit? I think I've made at least 3 pairs by now... BTW, I am "Samantha" on ravelry if you want to find me :-)