Sunday, March 07, 2010

Sunday stuff

I finished up my pooley socks a few nights ago-- here are front and back views.
Funny how the heels are similar but the rest came out so different! I sort of like the zigzag effect on one of them -- every time I look at it, I think "Shazzam!" (of course I've already started another pair...)

I was lucky to win the block lotto again in January and all of my blocks have now arrived. They're wonky tic-tac-toe blocks and I received 48 of them. Here are the girly colors:
And here are the boyish ones, arranged from skinning to fat:
They'll probably get stacked up for a little bit while I figure out some interesting way to put them together. I don't think I want regular sashing, but I think they need something.

6 comments:

jovaliquilts said...

Those tic-tac-toe blocks are really fun. They would make a great quilt for a kid -- maybe we'll do this at our guild. Thanks for the idea!

Barbara C said...

Love your socks. The pooling really reminds me of some kind of striped animal. Very nice.

Debra said...

I think both those virtual layouts look super! Why sashing?

Joyce said...

I love the colors in the top batch of blocks. I have made some of these but always used them in larger pieces, never all together.

LC said...

This is interesting. I'd have called them 'warm' and 'cool' colors, probably because I like the blues/greens better than the pinks/oranges. LOL. Love those socks!

paula, the quilter said...

I would have called them warm and cool colors too. I'm knitting a vest with some yarn that just can't make up it's mind: first it spirals in stripes and then it's just a mish-mash. When it stripes again it is a different color that is doing it. And this is a commercial yarn, not hand dyed.