Saturday, March 20, 2010

quilt day round robins

One of my local mini-groups started a round robin project a couple of months ago. In honor of national (or is it international?) quilting day, I thought I'd show you our progress so far...

Most of us started out with the usual "center block", but not our maverick member Kathy! She showed up with a big string-pieced background on which she wanted us to create a 3-dimensional garden of poppies. We were all a bit taken aback at first, but clearly we're warming to the project... here it is with a flurry of poppies from Kuniyo and the seed-pods I added today:
here's a close-up of the seed pods...This is Enelda's center with borders by Kathy and Kuniyo. I have this one to work on now... and no ideas yet.
This is Kuniyo's project with my flying geese and Susan's trapezoids...
And this is Susan's center with Enelda's first border; Kathy then cut it up, quilted it in two pieces and attached it to a geometric print backing! (told you she was the maverick...)
and finally, this is my center with Susan's and Enelda's borders.
I hope you enjoyed the show!

9 comments:

Kay said...

Wow! Really, really challenging! Good luck.

Love the addition to the header.

Julie said...

Those are awesome! I enjoy the variety and the "out of the box" ideas.

LC said...

What fun. I like your maverick and will have to remember her ideas for the next RR I get into!

Barbara C said...

How exciting to work with such creative friends. i love your tree block and the way it's circled by vines.

Libby Fife said...

A very eclectic mix! Looks like a good challenge:)

Love the addition to your header also...

Purple Pam said...

What a great Round Robin. Those quilts are quite unique. I never thought of cutting one up before. I did cut a square one and made it round with a flying geese border around it. The next person put it back on square.

Lydia said...

Nice blog & good post.You have beautifully maintained, you must try this website which really helps to increase your traffic. hope u have a wonderful day & awaiting for more new post. Keep Blogging!

Kira said...

They are all gorgeous, but I especially love the first one. What an amazing talent you have!!! Beautiful blog, BTW, the little yellow animal in your header image made me smile!

Darcie said...

Fun quilt show...thank you! I LOVE Kuniyo's! Very mod. And yours! So earthy and organic. Well done.

I'm catching up on my blog visiting so I'm not sure how long it's been there...but I just have to say: I love your new header! Very cool photo! Looks like greeting card material.