Saturday, February 13, 2010

your socks are like limpid pools...

I finished another sock -- now I have two "singles" and I need to get excited about casting on and finishing their mates. I'd rather start something new...

But really --what is it with the way all my yarn pools? This is KnitPicks Stroll in the SKYP pattern. Side A:
and Side B:
I wish I'd made the cuffs a little higher, and they're just on the edge of being too small -- but I think if I'd added in one extra repeat of the pattern they would have been on the edge of being too big. The pattern is quick and well-written, only two rows to keep track of so it's hard to get lost!

8 comments:

LC said...

Belated Happy Birthday (in case I missed it) and I love those socks. No worries about the unique pattern the yarn makes... they are very cool!

Debra said...

Kind of remind me of chocolate candy bars with a caramel center!

Jenni said...

Happy Birthday! Nice socks - it's so reassuring to see that the "I want to start something new" disease is worldwide, and applies to knitting as well as quilting. It makes me feel a bit better to see that I'm not the only one!

ma smalls said...

Hey, Julie! I rather like the way the yarn pooled on that sock! & Happy Birthday too!

*karendianne. said...

yeah, I like what Debra said!

Kay said...

Oh, I like those socks! Debra described them perfectly. And belated happy birthday!

imquilternity said...

They're lovely...I really like them and like the way the colors pool.

DPUTiger said...

Happy belated birthday! Some sock yarns just pool. There are actually patterns that pool intentionally. Personally, pooling doesn't bug me, but I kinda feel like I'm in the minority on that.

Great socks!