Saturday, February 13, 2010

happy birthday to me

It's not one that ends in a 5 or a 0, but it's sort of significant because I think it means I can't say "mid" any more... it's now "late"! Bummer!

Not much on the to-do list today, now that we've had a fun time sweeping the basement... but I did get to open 28 birthday greetings from the ATC swap I'm in. It was so much fun, and I dragged it out as long as I could. I'm not going to post pictures of all of them, but here are are few just to show the wide variety of designs and techniques.

First up is my favorite -- from my sister in Tasmania. It's "the princess and the pea" and I think she's trying to tell me something...This one from Cobi in The Netherlands has beautiful embroidery

Montse in Spain sent a birthday cake!

I love these mixed media birds from Pauline in Australia

Finally, this dragonfly is from Maria Clara in Spain

I figure if I want any cake for my birthday I'm going to have to make it myself, so that's next on my agenda -- angelfood cake with raspberry sauce -- yummy!

10 comments:

Kathie said...

happy happy happy birthday!
oh wish I could run over for a piece of birthday cake, sounds wonderful....
yes I make my own too :)
Kathie

Sue H said...

Consider this your "virtual postcard" from Minnesota! Imagine purple flowers with some hot-fix crystals in purple and gold. Happy Birthday!!!

sophie said...

I hope you have the happiest birthday . . . I know you're going to have a wonderful birthday CAKE (Yum!)

Joyce said...

Happy Birthday. I wish I could be there for a slice of that cake!

Barb said...

Hope you have a WONDERFUL birthday.. and yeah, if I want a cake for my bday I usually have to supply it!

Cathy said...

love, love, love the sweet pea and the cake cards!

Libby Fife said...

Happy birthday! At this point, they are all milestones! Hope you had a good time and enjoy your cake:)

Darcie said...

Mmmm...the cake sounds delightful...and summery. ;-) Happy Birthday to you!!!

Miri said...

Happy Birthday! Mmm, the angel cake sounds delicious!

Great birthday present postcards.

jovaliquilts said...

Totally cool way to celebrate your birthday! Those are really stupdendous ATCs. And I know what you mean about "late"-something; my next birthday I will be "very late"-something!