Saturday, January 23, 2010

UFO challenge report

Well, I made it through month #1 of the UFO challenge (see sidebar) by finishing up this scrappy flying geese baby quilt. I wasn't thrilled about it while it was going together but it's better now -- and for some reason my DH really likes it! It will probably be given away to a charity unless someone we know gets pregnant in the near future...

I received my swag from the 3 Creative Studios drawing, and here are some pictures. Not shown are the Somerset Studio Journaling calendar and a book on blended background quilts.

Close-up of Vicki's super hand-dyed fabrics and some of Kumiko Sodo's prints
And this little collection of wool felt beads. I have another set that I bought in New Zealand when we were there, and haven't quite figured out how to use them. Are there any bright ideas out there in blogland?

9 comments:

Dianne said...

Very cute Flying Geese quilt, Julie! Did you use the 4-at-once method to make the Flying Geese Blocks?

Love the fabrics in your swag, too. I always see those felted balls and think they are so beautiful and colorful, but can never think what to do with them. I'll be watching with interest to see who has good suggestions.

Kathy said...

Congratulations on getting your January UFO completed! YOu've done better than me -- LOL!

Kim West said...

congrats on getting January finished... I still have a week don't I?? lol

Debra said...

You could put them in an M&M bag as an April Fool's joke on someone!

Morah said...

One UFO down! I have to get busy myself.....

Tami @ Lemon Tree Tales said...

Woo-whoo on the UFO finish! Just one a month and you'll really make a dent. Plus Flying Geese are such a fun design - love it with the scrappy look!

DPUTiger said...

Those little felt balls (or something similar) were used in a "Schoolhouse" day at my favorite LQS. I think we did something lame like stringing them for a bracelet, but whatever it was, it was enough "not my thing" that I seem to have blocked it out.

Nice quilt! Verification word: PANIC. Heh.

Erin O. said...

Congrats of finishing January's challenge. Mine is almost done!!

*karendianne. said...

Love your UFO Challenge finish for the month. This is fantastic!!! I love the bright, happy geese.