Wednesday, January 06, 2010

something done!

This is the year of the UFO for me (yeah right -- I say that every January!) and to prove it, here's my first finish!
Now that it's all done, I'm not sure how much I like it, though... I started out thinking the border fabric was perfect, but now it almost seems too much. Maybe it will grow on me, or maybe I'll put it in the silent auction at the next guild show.

I did some simple geometric quilting -- here's a detail:I joined the UFO-a-month challenge on Patchwork Penguin -- see the list in the sidebar -- so hold on for some exciting finishes in the coming months! Along with the birthday blocks, ATC swap, and a little round robin project that one of my mini-groups just started. Is it time to retire yet?

13 comments:

Cathy said...

Oh Julie, I love it! It is modern, yet seems almost retro. I also think the border is a good choice! Keep up the projects of UFO's! I need to light the fire under me@ LOL

Tami @ Lemon Tree Tales said...

It's very cool! Yay for your first completed UFO of the year!

Sue H said...

Fabulous! A finish in the first week of 2010! I like it. It will probably grow on you, and you won't be able to part with it!

Debra said...

I think it's a great little piece!

Kay said...

I bet it grows on you. I like it. But I have to admit I like the center better than the border. The center is terrific!

Libby Fife said...

I think the border is great! It is like it is a derivation or extrapolation on the interior-or something like that! I even like the colors. Good job-it will grow on you:)

Joyce said...

I like it too. I don't find the border too much. I like strong borders on a quilt.

Julie in the Barn said...

Great start to the year, Julie. I like it and I think the border fabric is perfect for this piece. Can't wait to see your finished UFOs as the year progresses.

Nancy, Near Philadelphia said...

I think the border is perfect.

LC said...

Good for you... one done! How many are left? Maybe we should have a UFO group and race?? LOL

Shasta said...

A great start to the new year. I had hoped to have a finish by now, but hopefully soon.

ArtGirl/California/United States said...

good for you to finish it!! i love it, it is so pure looking with the neutral colors.

katelnorth said...

I really like the border - perhaps it's an issue of needing to see it with fresh eyes - familiarity breeds contempt and all that?