Sunday, December 20, 2009

lost and found

This is the "missing" post, which I had foolishly put on the wrong blog a few days ago...

I'm a sucker for swaps, although I do try to keep it in check somewhat. One of my little yahoo groups does a set of round or row robins every year, and I just got my package back!


The top row was my starting row, and it actually came from another swap a couple of years ago. Five other quilters made me sets of 6 blocks to go along, using batik colors and various black backgrounds. I love the way it all came out -- the variety of blocks, the whimsy in the second row (what's in that jug, anyway?) and the colors. Some of my favorite quilts have come from these swaps.

In my continuing quest to capture birds on "film", I bring you the common titmouse. This guy is a little piggy when it comes to my bird feeder!

I'm hoping to have some cool knitty stuff to show very soon... my back has been freaking out the last couple of days so instead of sewing with a friend this afternoon I'm planning to lounge on her sofa and knit.

1 comment:

sophie said...

Wow, I love those blocks. I know you'll make something wonderful from them.

I love your idea of keeping your friend company while pampering yourself and your back and knitting instead. Have fun!

sophie