Monday, November 02, 2009

With a little help from my friends

It's been a quiet week here in... where am I again?

I've been busily working away at my little quilt for the holiday edition of the Four Seasons Quilt Swap, and it's now done. It started out with a little bargello; then I decided that it needed a few "crop circles" (thanks Poppyprint!); then it needed some shiny ribbon around the circles to turn them into ornaments. Finally, it was quilted with a freehand holly design lifted from Leah's 365 days of patterns. What would we do without all the talented and generous quilters out there in blogland?
I have a couple of other things that will be ready to show later this week, I hope.

I'll just leave you with the Buckster. I pulled out a stack of small batting pieces the other day to find one for the holiday quilt. That cat has batting radar, I swear -- as soon as I walked away, he took possession and has barely left it since. I guess the top piece will have to become my next quilting practice piece...

2 comments:

jovaliquilts said...

Nice new look for your blog! Those swimming fish must be driving your cat crazy, tho! ;)
What a nice holiday bargello. And I agree -- all those helpful ideas from fellow bloggers are so wonderful!

Darcie said...

Love the crop circles! That's fun!

Oooh...Buckster is one smart kitty. That has to feel good!

Come visit my blog...I think you will recognize this beauty! ;-)