Saturday, November 28, 2009

it's still the weekend!

Bucky has found an isle of tranquility in an otherwise inhospitable sea...
(in other words... haven't I learned yet?)

This beauty is the quilt that Margaret from Mainley Quilts of Love just sent back to me -- it's traveled 6,000 miles already because I had to take advantage of her "new business" quilting offer a couple of weeks ago. She did a sweet job of it! The pattern was the New Year's mystery from Planet Patchwork this year; I'm happy to hear that they're planning another one for January 1, 2010.
Here's a detail of some of the quilting around the stars and borders... I think I'll bring this one up to Seattle for my brother & his wife -- the parents of the kids who got the house quilts and the one who will be getting the pink "heavy quilt" next weekend. I've made stuff for all the kids but never for the adults!
I finished the rat race scarf and got all the eyes sewn on. I was going to give it away but now I'm having second thoughts...
and, in the spirit of "bah humbug" -- this is Grumpy the Lump of Coal! (free pattern at knitpicks.com) that I stitched up last night from the remainder of the rat yarn. I wonder who THIS little gem will go to...

3 comments:

Kay said...

That lump of coal is too funny! The blue and yellow quilt is beautiful.

jovaliquilts said...

Don't know what to say about the rat scarf :), but I laughed when I saw your cat. I was thinking "Thanksgiving weekend" after reading your post title, and for a second I thought your cat was a turkey! The blue and yellow quilt is beautiful.

DPUTiger said...

Grumpy is awesome, and your blue and yellow quilt looks fantastic. I have one of those on my "to-do list" Of course, I think my to-do list is the pattern version of SABLE ...