Monday, November 16, 2009

Cats take over the earth...

Five minutes after I got out of bed this morning, I came back in the bedroom and found this:
The bed itself is no longer good enough for Bucky -- he deserves my pillow, too!

In other news -- my desktop computer is freaking out. It will only start up in safe mode and that means that the printer, camera, etc won't work. Of course it's 5-1/2 years old so past the Dell warranty period. I've asked our company IT guy how to proceed so that means I should have an answer in 2-3 weeks...

And then yesterday the lock on our front door decided to give up the ghost. It's been fussy for a while now, and it's probably about 40 years old. The locksmith was supposed to show up between 10-12 today, and it's now 11:45. Doesn't it always work that way? I could have stayed in my pj's for an extra 2 hours!

On the quilting front, I've finished up my various swap obligations for November and on to bigger and better things!

The locksmith's truck just arrived... gotta go!

6 comments:

Yvette said...

My dog does the same thing! I don't leave my bed for 5 minutes and she is sleeping on my pillow.

Libby Fife said...

The Buckmeister looks pretty happy. They are such little opportunists aren't they? Hope all is well, other than the nonsense that you mentioned:)

LC said...

Your kitty found a warm spot that has your scent. What more could a cat want!

Hope lock and PC are fixed soon. My Dell is about the same age. Can you get all your updates? That seems important. Also running a good virus checker, also up to date.

debi said...

oh my god - sounds just like my life - just got computer fixed, had door lock fixed twice, now the treadmill has blown up!!!

DPUTiger said...

Of COURSE, if you hadn't gotten dressed first thing, the locksmith would have been there at 10 sharp. When we were renovating last spring, "the guys" would show up around 8:30 am, regardless of who exactly was coming. I am NOT a morning person, but I did OK with that. Except for the day that the doorbell rang at 8:02 and it was the tile guy. I hadn't been expecting him, but I answered the door in my PJs, saw someone I recognized and mumbled something along the lines of "go on upstairs" then got myself dressed.

I'm so glad we're done with that reno ...

Jeanne said...

He looks so sweet on your pillow. VBG My Jasper likes the end of the bed, especially if there is a towel on it.