Friday, October 23, 2009

Rats and Cats

Maybe it's my Halloween mood... but I've started knitting a "rat race" scarf! Here are the first three rats:This came in a kit from Morehouse Farm (the same folks who sell the alligator scarf kit that I made for my niece last year). There will be 8 rats with beady red eyes when it's done. n This one might go to my brother... Morehouse has some seriously cute patterns but I wish the yarn was a little bit softer for wearing around the neck.

And, look! There are cats to go with the rats. This is the quilt I finished up for the East Bay Humane Society's annual cat art auction or sale. I don't know whether this will go in the auction yet, or whether I need to set a price for it. I always have trouble with that. I call it "Patient Cats Waiting for Dinner" -- sort of a lesson for Bucky, who is anything but patient when it comes to mealtime!


I tried a variety of quilting patterns in this, spurred on by Leah's 365 days of filler patterns. This one was really fun to do -- it's roughly based on her "radio static" but a little sloppier than hers!

5 comments:

Libby Fife said...

Rats all the way round, I guess. We had a casualty on the back lawn yesterday. Cosmo/Toby The Visitor Cat scored a rather large rat for himself.

I like the rectangular blocks in the quilt- a nice change from squares.

Joyce said...

I really like the cat quilt. Isn't Leah's blog inspiring when you come to do FM quilting!

miniaturequilter said...

That scarf is too funny! Love to see a pic when it is finished and has the eyes added!

jovaliquilts said...

Eek! Mice around the neck. Blog reading is my break from cleaning out a cupboard where a mouse has been exploring, so I'm not feeling too kindly disposed towards the critters this morning. But it does add charm to the cat quilt, which is plenty charming on its own. :)

Darcie said...

Oh my! A perfect gift for a bro! You'll show us when you're finished? Pretty please? ;-)

LOVE that quilting filler!!! Way to go!