Sunday, September 27, 2009

small steps

I sewed together my birthday blocks from a swap last year -- this little Yahoo group has been doing the swap for many years now and this was one of my favorites. I sent out pieces of the focus fabric that I'd bought in Hawaii because it reminded me of lava, and got back these cool blocks!Today was the Diablo Valley Quilters show in hot-hot-hot Danville. Libby had at least one quilt there, and Sharon showed a round robin. My friend Catherine had several, including this delicious neutral confection:Gratuitous Bucky photo -- the heatwave seems to have taken away even his urge to chase lizards! I feel the same way...

5 comments:

Libby Fife said...

I saw that quilt and loved it of course! I always feel like I am the only one that likes the neutrals but maybe not?

It was really hot this weekend just like you mentioned. It got even worse on Sunday in the evening in Danville.

Your blocks look great and really cohesive for a round robin venture.

PS-those pillows kill me!

Kay said...

The fabric really pulled that exchange quilt together!

And like Libby, I love the neutrals.

DPUTiger said...

We are just starting to get the first few whiffs of fall. LOVE IT! Your birthday block quilt looks fantastic too. It's for me, right? ;-)

Nancy, Near Philadelphia said...

Those quilts couldn't be more different and I love them both! Oddly, I have no recollection of which block I made in the lava one!

WV: fucaph--not touching this one

Purple Pam said...

Your birthday quilt is very colorful. It does have a tropical look to it.