Friday, July 17, 2009

Friday

This is a very bright (brighter than the photo would indicate) quilt I just finished up as a high-school graduation gift for one of my nieces. The pattern was adapted from a BOM on the Quiltaholics.com site that I did in 2004 -- I used a very wide assortment of fabrics in this, but I think the sashing and border sort of hold it together. It was beautifully quilted by Darcie Grager -- here's a detail:
I love the way those sprigs look like fireworks!

And, here's a picture of the Spring Fling Round Robin 3 that John has now received. He made the center block; the borders were by Colene and Toni, and I did the quilting. I am waiting anxiously for my quilt to arrive!

6 comments:

miniaturequilter said...

Your quilt is beautiful, and i love the job you did on the round robin quilt. The blue thread really shows your quilting (love how it looks on the brown)!

Libby Fife said...

I do love a good scrap quilt!

Kay said...

The pieced setting triangles really add a lot to that quilt. Nice work.

Vicki W said...

What a pretty quilt, lucky graduate!

Debra said...

I think a teenager would be thrilled with your quilt; plus, it cleans out some BOM blocks for you! Win-win!

Darcie said...

Your Sampler looks terrific, Julie! Good choice on the binding fabric, too.

Hope your niece loves her new quilt! You'll have to let me know.

I will be getting my thread Monday. ;-) Keep your fingers crossed!