Saturday, June 27, 2009

something new for me!

I never buy a whole line of fabric -- really the most I've ever gotten is one or two pieces from a set, and then I feel like I'm caving somehow. BUT... when I saw the first pictures of the new "Indigo" line from Timeless Treasures I knew I was hooked. I thought about it for a few days and placed my order. I ended up buying the FQ set along with a yard each of a couple of the designs because I had decided to make myself a new Bow-tucks bag. I love the first one I made a few months ago, but it was time for something different!

So, I got the whole thing put together during a quilt-group get-together this afternoon, except for a button. Above is the front; here is the back:

and the inside, with a plethora of pockets:
And to round things out -- a couple of recent Friday Block Party blocks. I did a lot of seam ripping on both of these, 'cause I kept putting things in the wrong places (despite having the photos in front of me the whole time) -- I'm blaming it on the heat!


8 comments:

Libby Fife said...

Cute blocks but oh, that bag! I really like the design but blue fabrics? Love, love, love! Plus the inside is very smart. Gotta say I can see why you bought the fat quarter packet. Caving goooood!

Vicki W said...

You have THE BEST taste in fabric!

peggy said...

I love the purse....I was so surprised to look down on the blog and see the inside was red, I was not expecting that at all...such a nice surprise.
Peggy

miniaturequilter said...

Thar purse is gorgeous, I can see why you HAD to have the fabric. The inside is so pretty!

Debra said...

Love that red peeking out!

Kay said...

That's a great bag; you are speedy! I can understand why you caved for that particular fabric, too.

featheredfibers said...

Love the fabric! Of course, I also LOVE that bag!!

Julie said...

Great bag and fabric choice!