Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sunday randomness

This was the lovely view from my hotel room in New York -- actually the room itself was very pretty, if petite, and had a fabulous bed and free wireless. So, I pretty much kept the shade closed whenever I was in there! (I keep seeing a quilt in this photo, though)

I think I mentioned that one of my mini-groups was exchanging little quilts with the theme of "hearts". Here is mine all done, and hanging in the home of the recipient. Whenever we exchange things, we draw numbers to see who gets first choice -- and it's always interesting to see who chooses what, since we all have somewhat different taste and styles.
Here are the hearts I received -- a very bright and eclectic variety of fabrics!
Also, a couple of weeks ago I posted a photo of the beginning of the flower stalk of this honey bush. Here it is today! I think this is about 18" long...

7 comments:

Helen Conway said...

Hey stop moaning. As far as I can see that NYC view photo just shows the absence of a whirring clanking air con unit outside the window which is the first thing I inspect for. If it is there? Off back down to reception we go for a room swap....!

Libby Fife said...

Quite a view! Reminds me of the view from my room at the Silver Legacy in Vegas-air concitioning unit or some such thing.

Hope the trip was good.

Libby Fife said...

air conditioning, I mean!

Joyce said...

What hotel was it? We are thinking we might take a trip to NYC and I am researching hotels. I'm thinking budget because I hate spending mega $$ just to sleep badly, as I always do in hotels.

HB said...

Love the wall hangings and I'm sure your NYC view wasn't cheap as fabulous as it is!

jovaliquilts said...

Not the best view from a hotel room, but it would be a great quilt! Thought of you at the Chicago quilt show because they had a stunning windmill quilt (unfortunately, in the do-not-photograph section).

Lucette said...

I have a soft spot for hearts and yours are lovely.

And yes the banner flowers are alliums-from last year, and I can hardly wait for this years offerings.