Thursday, April 16, 2009

Retail Therapy and more...

This is probably the last time you'll have to look at this one -- the Amish houses are done! They were nicely quilted by Joanne as part of her quilter's stimulus package and I finished up with a black & white dotted binding.
Here's a picture of the cool backing fabric that my friend Catherine gave me -- I supplemented it with some odds & ends...And I've been doing a little retail therapy! I'm pretty good about resisting most of the fabric store emails I get, but I was tempted by the recent Z&S sale -- it was 15% off their already reasonable prices. Isn't this a sweet presentation?
I succumbed to a handful of batiks (on the left) and a bunch of really nice textural prints. You'll notice that I bought two colors of a couple of the prints -- I end up doing that fairly often. The sale is still be on for a few more days, so venture over at your own peril!
Sunday I'm flying off for some more work stuff, to Orlando and then New York. I think I'll have an afternoon free, and I was excited to find that there will be two quilt exhibits at the American Folk Art Museum -- one is Paula Nadelstern's kaleidoscopes and the other is contemporary African American quilts. It's always fun to be able to sneak in some textile goodness in between the business meetings!

9 comments:

Joyce said...

Very nice fabrics. I'd be tempted myself, except I have all these scrumptious Japanese fabrics to use. Lol. I'd LOVE to see Paula Nadlestern's work in person. I have one of her books and it's inspiring.

Kay said...

The Amish Houses quilt is terrific, no matter how many times you show it. I'm envious of the quilt shows in New York. Enjoy.

Vicki W said...

Amish houses turned out great!

Kathie said...

love the house quilt never get tired of seeing it!
ah great fabrics, yes its fun getting packages like that in the mail

Libby Fife said...

Whenever I see that Amish quilt I am always amazed at how inventive that layout is.

Have a good trip and take some photos if you can.

Debra said...

Who could get tired of that adorable quilt?

DPUTiger said...

Nice quilt and good shopping! Enjoy your upcoming trip!

Julie said...

The quilt is great, how wonderful to have it done! What fun fabrics from your retail therapy!

Béa said...

I love your amish house layout & I am happy to have some of my blocks in this wonderful quilt. Kiss from France