Saturday, April 11, 2009

Quilty Content!

But first some yarn -- I finished the first of a new pair this evening -- except for grafting the toe, which I'll do during daylight tomorrow. I loved the tutti-frutti effect of this Regia yarn in the ball, but I'm not sure about the wierd zigzag effect when it's knitted up! I used a smaller needle than I have in the past and it really makes a difference; this is the first sock that doesn't seem stretched out to me.

And -- I finished the quilt top that I made for the collection that Debra is sending to her local women's shelter. It needs a good pressing and then it will go in the mail on Monday.
Tomorrow I hope to have time to play with some fabric paints, and to make some more ATCs for the next group of birthdays in the swap.

9 comments:

Libby Fife said...

Wow! You did way better than I did! Good for you. That quilt is beautiful.

Vicki W said...

Your quilt turned out great! I love the window effect.

Kay said...

What a beautiful quilt! It will greatly appreciated.

Debra said...

Fabulous!!!

Rhonda said...

Those socks look comfy!

MYRA said...

Hi!
I popped on over from Joyce's blog.
Great fabrics you sent her! 8-)
A great sock, and what a lovely quilt top! Very nice! Love the fabric combination, and the pattern!

Julie said...

The quilt is awesome! Great job!

disa said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
I LOVE YOU said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.