Saturday, April 04, 2009

I'm going to show pictures of the last two Friday Block Party blocks since I don't have much else... this one is called "The Queen's X"And this is "Cathy's Star". They're both from Quilters' Cache. I had a fair amount of trouble keeping the colors straight on this second one...
I went out and bought one spool each of a bunch of different threads this morning to see if I could find something that wouldn't skip and/or break on the Handiquilter. And then I came home and decided to be smart for a change -- so I took my niece's quilt off the frame and dug out something I don't care much about to practice on. I'm going to try to be systematic about it, although that's not my style at all! My first step will be to round up all the packets of machine needles that are scattered around and get them organized, and try to figure out what the various "loose" ones are -- although I practically need a microscope to read the information that's stamped on them.




5 comments:

Morah said...

Figuring out tension problems is SO annoying!

Quilt Pixie said...

hope the thread changes are enough to solve it all....

Librarynan said...

Hey, J... Nice blocks! Good colors for the "Cathy's Star" - that one's a doozie!
Ol' Queenie 'aint too shabby' either! Again, your color choices are awesome.

Debra said...

Good Luck reading those needle sizes. I gave up on that long ago!

peggy said...

Nice blocks.....I wanted to use that Cathy's Star in Nancy's swap a while back but was a tad intimidated with it and keeping the fabric where it belonged...BRAVO for a great block!
Peggy