Saturday, March 21, 2009

Saturday

Well, I'm just a postin' fool this weekend!

First off, I received a few requests for the Pink House pattern, so I had Bucky pull a name out of a bowl (catnip helps!) and he picked Cory -- but Cory has her blogger profile set up without an email address... so if you're out there, Cory, please send me your email/snail mail addresses ASAP.


I'm working on ATCs again, for the birthday swap. This was my favorite from last night. It's a bit hard to see, but the silver outline is a peel & stick thing from a very cool shop in London, and then I added beads in the dragonfly's wings.I made a little progress with the first quilt top for Debra's project that I mentioned yesterday. This is the wrong way to put it together (which I managed to do twice, even though I had a little mantra going in my head : look
And this is the right way:
There will be nine of the big framed blocks, and then the pieced sashing in between everything, to make a twin-sized quilt. Here's a close-up of the fabrics:
The dark frame is something I had a ton of in my stash. It has a bit of a linen-y texture and I can't for the life of me remember what I intended when I bought it! Someone in blogland has written about using linen for sashing and I'm sorry I can't remember who it is...

And I have to say that despite the cutting instructions that I didn't really like, the piecing is going together very nicely. This is the "Through the Window" pattern by From Me to You.

4 comments:

Vicki W said...

The quilt is going to look very nice! Love that ATC too.

Libby Fife said...

I keep forgetting to comment on the fact that we are both doing a quilt for Debra's project. I really like the pattern that you chose. I have three more blocks to do for mine and then the sashing and borders-we can compare notes when we are done!

Joyce said...

Beautiful. I love your fabrics and the sashing is perfect.

Debra said...

What a wonderful block & setting for that big print. I like it very much!!