Friday, March 20, 2009

Random Thoughts

Just a mishmash of things that have popped into my brain lately...

- actually, something that popped onto my computer screen just now: those of you who read blogs on Google Reader and use the "next" button -- do you have occasional advertising blogs pop up as you're moving from one subscription to another? Are they getting more frequent and/or more obnoxious? The one just now was for some weight loss plan, and when I clicked "next" I got ANOTHER popup asking me if I was sure I wanted to leave, and then the model in the ad started talking loudly. I fully understand that Google might want to sneak some ads in somewhere to support Reader, but could they please be silent and respectful? and Google is really not user-friendly when it comes to complaining about anything...

- when did they start making dark chocolate Snickers? and why did I have to notice? (actually, I haven't had one yet)

- did anyone watch the first episode of "Better Off Ted" the other night? I think it might be a keeper...

- remember a few months ago when I was making the Pink House quilt from a Laura Nownes / Diana McClun pattern and bitching about all the mistakes in the pattern and the fact that the designers didn't seem to care? Well now I've started working with another of their patterns for a project that Debra is spear-heading, and even before cutting the fabric I tell I don't like the way they've done it! I suspect their method is going to be very wasteful, and if your patterns calls for enough yardage to cut the borders on lengthwise grain, then why tell people to cut them crosswise?

- why do I have another of their patterns? because I think it was a buy 3 for the price of 2 deal and I think the designs are fun. No one took me up on my offer to give away the house pattern, but the offer still stands!

Maybe I should just go and find myself a glass of wine and chill out?

5 comments:

Di said...

Wine is always a good choice. Especially when one deals with a pattern that is a pita.

Quilt Pixie said...

you might want to check if the ads are coming up after specific blogs.... I've had no popups using firefox with the next button....

Cory said...

I'll take the pattern off your hands. My church has a Hugs Ministry. We make quilts and pair them with stuffies for kids in crisis situations. We are totally donation supported. Our church members have been very generous with fabrics and I have received several donations from fellow bloggers. The chance for new patterns is always appreciated. Thank you for considering my offer. Take care and God bless, Cory

Kay said...

I don't use the next button, but now you've got me curious. Pop ups in general are becoming much worse, I think.

Love your pattern complaint. Things like that drive me crazy. It's good not to be the only one.

Amish houses turned out to be terrific!

Helen Conway said...

No I don't get popups using the next button, never seen the dark Snickers - but then I don't like Snickers so I wouldn't be looking - but still it annoys me that they changed their name from the prefectly good Marathon - never heard of that Ted thing and yes the pattern lark is annoying. I think that does it!