Wednesday, March 25, 2009

monkeys

I haven't done much sewing the last few days, but I did finally manage to finish the second sock in this pair:They are all-knit Monkey socks; the pattern is on Ravelry. They're made from a Brown Sheep yarn called Wildfoote -- a bit boring to work with but a pretty color called "forget me not". I'm ready to cast on another pair of socks (have to have a pair going at all times, right?) but I can't decide what to make next!

There's a new photo in the header -- I opened the living room curtains the other morning that cover the French door onto the patio, and this is what I found. The kenilworth ivy isn't just growing in under the door... it's growing in under the door-sill!

More sewing coming up...

3 comments:

DPUTiger said...

While I really like your new photo for the header, that would seriously freak me out! The socks are looking great. Way to go! :-)

paula, the quilter said...

Isn't Ravelry the greatest? I don't think that I have explored it to the fullest, tho.

Librarynan said...

cool socks, J! And the header photo is amazing... at firt I couldn't figure out what it was... pretty little shamrocky things, though.
I'm starting a knitting class on Thursday next at the local JC.