Sunday, February 22, 2009

a better day

Sitges is a beach town south of Barcelona; it has a reputation for being a gay hangout but there seems to be a really nice mix of families, and all variations of couples and singles. And it has the beautiful northern Spanish architecture and decoration. The weather today was superb -- look at the color of the sky in these photos! And it was warm enough for shirt-sleeves until about 6 pm.

This is a building I loved, with the traditional ironwork and red geraniums: And here's a picture for the Friday Block party crowd to show that those HSTs are just everywhere!
More cool architecture -- wouldn't it be great to have this circular sunroom?
It's Carnival here, and today was the big parade. (last night was party-in-the-streets until 3 am night). There were lots of children in costume, and a few families, like this swarm of bees:
And some clowns -- isn't that little boy a doll?
And finally, this guy, who was happy to pose for photos:
In addition to a teapot which I think my room should have but it doesn't, I think they should provide small sewing machines for quilters who go through withdrawal after a few days. More updates when I have WiFi again!

7 comments:

Vicki W said...

It looks like you are having a great time!

Helen Conway said...

How desperate are you - do I need to bring my Janome to London?

Nancy said...

Love the guy in the ruffles! (As well as everything else)

Word verification: hoglin, clearly the mascot of Hogwarts

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

So glad that you are having a better day! The travel day should never count as a vacation - because it never is! Looks lovely there (and warm - as we prepare for 15 cm of snow tonight!).
Cheers! Evelyn

Debra said...

OH, this all looks cool!!

katelnorth said...

Shall I bring my little Janome to dinner - oh wait, I see Helen has already offered, LOL. Closer for me, though! I can see us now - you will be piecing on the Janome and I will be cross-stitching while Helen spoons food into our mouths...

Margaret aka Supermom said...

How envious am I??! I went to carnival 10 years ago in Venice, but have wanted to go back to Spain ever since I went in 1984 & got mugged! BTW...your 4SQS5 is enroute to you now.