Saturday, January 10, 2009

a few little things

I finally figured out that I need to add photos in the reverse of the order that I want them to appear on the blog. Now that I've memorized this, they'll probably change it again...

Here is my Friday Block Party block for week #2 -- it's called Footstool. I'm not sure why!

And this is my very first ATC! I used these interesting little pressed paper leaves that I found in Hobart (Tasmania) a couple of months ago. I guess it's sort of minimalist, but that's me...Today I got together with a few quilty friends and showed them how to make wrapped baskets -- not that I'm the expert. This is only my second attempt, and I haven't quite worked out how to get a smooth finish on them.
Here are the projects that the four of us made. It was a fun few hours and I'm pretty sure there will be a bunch more of these in our futures!

14 comments:

Quilt Pixie said...

the wrapped bowls look interesting. I've seen them in a few places in blogland the last few months :-) Maybe one day I'll make so many yards of cording....

I love the colours for your block party block. the mottling on the light eally gives movement and interest.

Helen Conway said...

Where EXACTLY in Hobart?!!

LFF said...

Those baskets are fantastic looking and seem like a good way to use up fabric. Thanks for sharing the photo of all four-what size did they end up being?

jovaliquilts said...

So much to comment on, everything is interesting. I really like the wrapped baskets! What fun. And congrats on your first ATC, it's lovely. Just saw Quilt Pixie's footstool block and now yours -- they look really different with different fabrics.

Pat said...

I love the fabric covered baskets. I made several as gifts. I thought that they were a fun change. I also made a top for mine and use it for my stitchery. It has a drawstring closure so if I tip it over nothing spills out. Have fun with them.

DPUTiger said...

I've made a few of the wrapped bowls. I'm a fan, but there's a lot of prep. I was quite interested into Ami Simms' excursion into this field, but that was kind of short-circuited by her mother's passing. Looking good, though!

Vicki W said...

Those baskets are addicting!

Morah said...

Oh gosh, don't even get me started on the wrapped bowls!! I am so hooked it's scary!

Elaine Adair said...

Regarding the order of your photos - Are you able to cut and paste them when you edit in HTML? I do it all the time, moving them, re-arranging, once they are 'in' the window.

HB said...

Now I know what to do with all my old fabric - a bowl! Thanks for the idea.

Debra said...

I'm trying to stay away from those bowls -- they look like fun!

Barb said...

I love the bowls. I started one, then ended up hating the fabric once it got wrapped. I do have some new fabric to use and hope to get going on it soon.

Kay said...

Great ATC. I'm pretty minimalist myself, so I really like this.

Desiree said...

I love the footstool block, it is beautiful!