Wednesday, January 28, 2009

edited to add...

I did a google search for "computer typing backwards" and found that it turned up on a bunch of tech-help sites over the last few years -- who knew? -- but there didn't seem to be any answers other than the usual "run a bunch of scans, then reboot". I thought about calling Dell's help desk (ha ha ha) just to listen to them babble, but then I decided I didn't really want to listen. Oh well.

Look! I finished something else! This is my little pair of "crazy cats" that I've been wanting for a long time. It's Bucky (my orange guy) and Fiona (his dear-departed tortoise-shell stepsister). I'm really pleased with this.
And, I made a quick birthday present for the mother of a good friend, who has also been a friend for many years. She's turning 70, and she definitely appreciates crafts. This is from a pattern I got at Kapaia Stitchery in Kauai a couple of years ago, for two types of casserole carriers. Since everyone I know is into pot-luck gatherings, I thought it would be fun. I quilted together two batiks, and the rest was really easy.
And, two more ATCs for February. I've used up the doily now, so I need to veer off in another direction for the next set. I might be done with the leaves, too -- although I have a ton of them left... maybe I'll save them for fall. My birthday is coming up in February, so I'll have lots of cards to show off before you know it!

10 comments:

Gina said...

Love your crazy cats wallhanging

love and hugs Gina xxx

Libby Fife said...

Those leaves turned out great! I love the kitties too. We had a tortie tabby named Cokey who passed away two years ago. I wonder if your Fiona was as cranky as ours?

Libby

jovaliquilts said...

Wow, new blog background!! Fun!
Your casserole carrier is a brilliant idea -- I've never seen one like that. Much better than the old towels I use.
Hope your crazy computer straightens itself out. So bizarre!

Nancy said...

LOVE the cats! They are bodacious.

Word verification: stingt, a small lizard with a particularly long tongue

Vicki W said...

The cats are great!

Pat H. said...

Love the kitty cats! So cute!

Pat said...

Love the Cats!!

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Oh, your kitty hanging came out great! What a nice momento of your cats - happy memories of Fiona! I was JUST at a potluck last night and thinking about such a thing - I had to bring my dish wrapped in towels (to keep it warm) and in a Rubbermaid tote. So not cute! Your friends Mom is sure to love that and I just bet all her friends will want one too!
Cheers! Evelyn

Julie said...

Love your cats and the casserole carrier is cool too!

Sheree said...

Very cool ATCs! I have always wanted to try my hand at those...one of these days.